Saturday 22 May 2010

The calorific value of a good fright

I am very tired today as I have started my new exercise regime. How many calories are burned off by jumping 10 ft in the air at 3am while shrieking? If you want to try this I suggest you contact Pierre Mondary who will be happy to do a home visit for a cup of tea and sympathy.
My regime started unexpectedly at 3am this morning when Hamish laboriously inched his ear off the floor and woofed "think someone just came in and I can't be bothered to move!" As top dog at chez Scobie, I thought I should see if we were being burgled..... the apparition which met me in the hallway was worthy of the Tate modern.. Still life With Wheel....
After we'd both stopped screaming, it transpired that his bike had been chained, by the wheel to a pole outside a friends house, but someone had simply removed the wheel and nicked the bike! Poor Pierre had no way to get home so decided to pay us a visit instead as he'd heard I wanted to loose a few pounds. My gratitude surprised him today when he came round to apologise. If he was a 46 year old woman he'd understand the value of a good fright!

No comments:

Post a Comment