Monday 16 November 2009

paypal and other things to argue about

Today I managed to block my daughters bank account. This was not an insignificant achievement, concentration and determination won the day and I can proudly say, it didn't take long. I can't take all the credit, if my husband hadn't dared me I wouldn't have tried to open a paypal account for her. I think of those little "I don't think you should" words as a dare, don't you? They are tempting and infuriating at the same time. A parallel tease, irresistible.
Obviously, If she hadn't blown all her money I wouldn't have worried about her, fallen into the neurotic mother catagory and had to open the pay pal account to transfer her some money. If we didn't live 2000 miles away I wouldn't need to transfer the money, if I hadn't had kids..... if I hadn't had sex.........stop. As a woman I have this issue with being told what to do. I simply can't bare a man to say those words "I don't think you....can, should, could" It just unleashes the monster in me and quite often that monster is it's own worst enemy. Hopefully, my daughter's loose grasp on financial reality will allow me to slightly alter the situation in my favout so I come out looking like a caring parent rather than an internet hacker. the moral of the story is...never dare your wife to........

No comments:

Post a Comment